Home Forums Dungeon Master – General Discussion Behavior Designer use with Dynamic NavMesh

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by vchevalier vchevalier 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

c2green
    Participant

I am very interested in using Dungeon Master in my game to create procedural, dynamic dungeons. I currently use Third Party Controller from Opsive for player movement and abilities. I plan on using Opsive’s Behavior Designer and its Movement and Tactical packs for NPC movement and behavior. The limitation to their tools is that it requires either Unity NavMesh or Apex Path for pathfinding. It looks like you have built a custom pathfinding solution which you refer to as Dynamic NavMesh. Do you know if this solution is compatible with BD?

vchevalier
    vchevalier
    Keymaster

Hi c2green!

As far as I know, you would be the first Dungeon Master user to integrate with Opsive’s Behavior Designer. That means that I cannot be 100% sure if it works or not with the Dungeon Master. That being said, the dynamic NavMesh system that the Dungeon Master uses is simply a wrapper (read helper) around Unity’s native NavMesh system. The Dungeon Master handles adding and removing parts of the NavMesh as a character moves through a dungeon, but each NavMesh parts are really simple Unity NavMeshes. So, I believe it looks good for compatibility. 🙂

As a side note, the Dungeon Master uses the most recent techniques provided by Unity to allow runtime creation of NavMeshes. If Opsive is advertising that the Behavior Designer is compatible with Unity NavMesh system, then I believe that if it doesn’t work right now, it should work eventually.

By the way, I haven’t advertised this anywhere because I didn’t receive any confirmation yet, but the Dungeon Master should be a part of the Cyber-Monday sale on the Asset Store. If you’re interested, you could wait until next week and grab the Dungeon Master (full or lite version) at a discount. 😀

Let me know if you decide to try it out. If you have some issues with your integration, I would be happy to help out! After all, It would help my asset if I could advertise compatibility with Opsive’s Behavior Designer.

I wish you the best of luck with your project!

c2green
    Participant

Given your description in the asset guide I assumed BD would be compatible as well with DM. Thanks for your tip about Cyber-Monday. That makes this decision a pretty low risk for me! Once I start putting everything together I’ll give you some feedback on my success.

vchevalier
    vchevalier
    Keymaster

Great, I can’t wait for your feedback!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.