Home Forums Dungeon Master – Support [Solved] ArgumentException: Unmanaged direction: None

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    T.Z
    Participant

Posting this here so that others may see it in the future, it might help someone out.

Tinkering around as you do I inadvertently managed to break my dungeon, generation constantly failed with the following error

ArgumentException: Unmanaged direction: None
    Parameter name: direction

ChivalrousGames.Common.Point.GetAxisValueByDirection (Direction direction) (at Assets/ChivalrousGames/Common/Scripts/Point.cs:277)
    ChivalrousGames.DungeonMaster.Level.GetMostRespectfulRoomCandidates (System.Collections.Generic.List
    1 roomCandidates, ILevelPositionedConnector connectorToPlace) (at Assets/ChivalrousGames/DungeonMaster/Scripts/Level.cs:1752)
    ChivalrousGames.DungeonMaster.Dungeon.GenerateDungeonConnector (ChivalrousGames.Common.WeightList`1 dungeonConnectorsCandidates, ChivalrousGames.DungeonMaster.Level level, System.Collections.Generic.List1 roomCandidates) (at Assets/ChivalrousGames/DungeonMaster/Scripts/Dungeon.cs:1009)
    ChivalrousGames.DungeonMaster.Dungeon.GenerateDungeonConnectors () (at Assets/ChivalrousGames/DungeonMaster/Scripts/Dungeon.cs:935)
    ChivalrousGames.DungeonMaster.Dungeon.GenerateDungeon () (at Assets/ChivalrousGames/DungeonMaster/Scripts/Dungeon.cs:424)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    ChivalrousGames.DungeonMaster.Dungeon:GenerateDungeon() (at Assets/ChivalrousGames/DungeonMaster/Scripts/Dungeon.cs:446)
    ChivalrousGames.DungeonMaster.DungeonEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/ChivalrousGames/DungeonMaster/Scripts/Editor/DungeonEditor.cs:38)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

The solution was the first suggestion Vincent had for me, in that it would seem the dungeon entrance had lost its direction, and it had, I think I had tinkered with the prefabs position, or I may have done something else too, but what ever I had done, had reset the direction of the dungeon entrance to None, changing that back to Up as I had previously had it fixed my problem and once again generation was completing perfectly.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by T.Z.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by T.Z.
    vchevaliervchevalier
    Keymaster

Hey T.Z!

Thank you for sharing the solution on the forum! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.