Home Forums Dungeon Master – Support Spawnables

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    T.Z
    Participant

Hi Vincent,

Still plodding along here experimenting 😀

I am having an issue that i cannot see a way to fix at this time, and that is with my random spawnables, they are sometimes spawning inside each other, for now i have just been using a spider and a rectangle wall shape to see the random placement etc, and on some generations a couple of the walls might intersect each other, but also i have had spiders spawn within walls or 2 spiders on top of each other.

Can you suggest a way to prevent this from happening while still being able to utilise the random feature?

Regards
    Tz

vchevaliervchevalier
    Keymaster

Hi T.Z.

Well, I would need more information on what you want to spawn and your spawn point configuration to really help you out…
    How many spawn points to you have in each room?
    Did you move the spawn points around in the room? (they do not need to be at the center: move them around and reduce the randomizing factor to avoid collisions with walls, etc.)
    How different are your spawnables size-wise?
    How big are your spawnables compared to your room volume?

But here are the basics:
    You can move the spawn points around in the room AND also put a little randomized position on what you spawn, so your spawnables/walls do not intersect. You can play with the spawn point buttons to get an idea of how your elements spawn in the room and the effect of position/rotation/size randomization.

Also, if you want to spawn multiple items (like 2/3 spiders) at a single spawn point, I would suggest you create a spawnable with 1 spider, a spawnable with 2 spiders and a spawnable with 3 spiders. Your spawn point only spawns 1 element, composed of 1 or more spiders positioned in a way that they never intersect.

Does this help you out? 🙂

T.Z
    Participant

Yes indeed it does, I now have some more ideas to try out.

thank you once again, sometimes i could kick myself for not seeing the obvious 😛

Tz

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by T.Z.
    vchevaliervchevalier
    Keymaster

Cool! Let me know how this turns out. 🙂

T.Z
    Participant

Will do, currently working on some basic enemy A.I for the things i am going to spawn in 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.