Home Forums Dungeon Master – Support SpawnDungeonConnectors Error #1

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    vchevaliervchevalier
    Keymaster

Hey, I’m sorry I didn’t get the time to investigate your project yesterday night, I had an unexpected guest. I will look into it tonight. Sorry for the delay!

vchevaliervchevalier
    Keymaster

Hey T.Z.

I found the issue: there is a bug in the dungeon generation mechanic that occurs for your particular dungeon setup (affects v1.2.0). This setup is: there is only one dungeon connector point available in the dungeon, it is in a preset rooms and it is pre-configured. It looks like this particular scenario slipped through untested!

I will fix this bug in the next release (v1.3.0) (in fact, it’s already fixed but I can’t submit a new version to the asset store right now since I’m in the middle of other development).

So until the next DM version comes out, I have two possible solutions for you:

1. reconfigure the preset room like you want, but choose the option to have the dungeon connector point randomized normally. Since this is the only dungeon connector point, it will always be created there and your dungeon will generate normally.
    2. Fix the code yourself! Here’s how:
      1. Open the file Dungeon.cs
      2. Go to line 903. You should see a bit of code that looks like this:
        if (roomCandidates.Count == 0) {
          Debug.LogErrorFormat (dcLevel, MsgErrorSpawnDungeonConnectorsNoConnector, ++errorCount, dcLevel.name);
        } else {

3. Replace the code with this:
        if (roomCandidates.Count == 0) {
          if (!unlockedEntranceSpawned) {
            Debug.LogErrorFormat (dcLevel, MsgErrorSpawnDungeonConnectorsNoConnector, ++errorCount, dcLevel.name);
          }
        } else {
      4. Done! You don’t have to change your dungeon configuration in any way if you fix the code. It will work as intented.

Thanks a lot for finding this bug for me! And sorry for inconvenience.

Let me know what you decide to do and how it goes.

T.Z
    Participant

Thank you so much Vincent, your time on this is very much appreciated.

I am very glad I could find this bug for you, I thought it was me doing something wrong, so it is quite the relief to find out it wasn’t 😀

And no worries for the time taken, we all have busy lives, myself at the moment well I might get some time tomorrow (it is nearly 2am here now) but I may not, as our dog has been in for surgery yesterday, and I am the one doing the night shifts keeping an eye on her. But definitely by Monday I should have some time to have another tinker with our project 😀

thanks again, speak soon

Tz

vchevaliervchevalier
    Keymaster

Cool! I hope all goes well with your dog… And that you find time to rest too! Night shifts are hard. Wait a minute, 2 am for you, over here it’s 21:44, and your message is about 1 hour old… By calculating time zones this should put you in the same time zone as England? I’m curious! Where do you live? 🙂

T.Z
    Participant

Yep bang on the nail there, we are in the East Midlands, England.

From looking at the forums the other day I thought you was in line with East Coast USA 😛

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by T.Z.
    vchevaliervchevalier
    Keymaster

Yes, you got the time zone right too. I live near Montreal, Canada. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.